The day dress

Blue and Grey stripe linen Day dress
 The Day dress is a simple shift dress with extended sleeves.  It is designed to fit at the bust and skim the rest of the body.  It has a slight boat neck and the front hemline is a little higher than the back. Fabrics that work well are light cottons, linens, rayons, cotton jersey and anything with a bit of drape. 

This dress works best either loose all over or fitted at the bust.  I wear the fitted at bust version.  There are four standard sizes.  The measurements are of the actual pattern.  For the fitted at the bust version, you would want your bust measurement to be the same or slightly less than the pattern.  Your Waist and hip measurement should be less than the pattern measurement.

For example, I wear a size 3, my measurements are bust 115cm, waist 96cm, hip 109cm.  Because we are all different sizes I make this dress a lot as a custom fit.  You supply your measurements and I adjust the pattern as needed.

Bust Waist Hip
size 1 100 100 108
size 2 106 106 114
size 3 112 112 122
size 4 118 118 130

Standard length from shoulder down the side seam is 98cm.


Diamond Day dress in rayon
Diamond Day dress worn with Diamond Day pants.

The cotton lycra version comes in Navy, red, green. wine, wine and grey fine stripe, flowers, and of course, black. 
Navy Cut-out Day dress


Red Cut-out Day dress

I've recently (only this year!) embraced the cut-out shoulder.  I really like the way it allows the body of a top or dress to be loose without having gaping armholes.  I find that the air circulates well and it's a really cool option for summer dressing.  I like the way it sits on my ample arm ;), and it looks kind of elegant too.
Detail of cut-out
  You can order any length you like, this one's about 85cm.  The best way to measure the length you'd like is to measure from the top of your shoulder, down over the bust to your preferred hemline.

I am always happy to help you work out measurements and fit!

Comments